Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Taking Down The Tree


Tomorrow I take down the Christmas Tree,  the New Year has just begun...
Somehow putting Christmas away is not nearly half as fun....
As when I pull  it all out each year to kick off the Holiday season...
and no one wants to help me, they give no rhyme nor reason.
What was once so pretty just a few days before, somehow soon fills my eyes with clutter...
The New Year begins and I want a clean start..."Put away this all now,"  I mutter.
Away to the attic, you Christmas things...all colors of Red and Green...
I know this sounds harsh and cruel you think....I sure don't want to sound mean....
It's just that after Christmas, I'm kind of tired...surely you know the drill....
The shopping, the wrapping, the cooking, the cleaning...and waiting for the big fat bill.
Please know that I love Christmas...it's my favorite... that's a cinch...
But after midnight on New Year's Day....I turn to a bit of a Grinch.
I want my house back the way that it was, just before good ol' Turkey Day...
When I could straighten things up and have a clean room without garland in the way.
When every thing is packed up and the rooms are all free and clear...
I feel like I am ready to face the upcoming year.
And so I will....the months come and go, in fact they somehow flee...
and before you know it it's Turkey Day...and I'm so excited to put up that Tree!!


Merry Christmas Cleanup!!










No comments:

Post a Comment