Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I've Been on a Break

I went back to the gym today.

I've been on a break. I was only going to be on a break for about 10 days, but it has now been a month.

I meant to work out, I really did. It just got so crazy with all of the Christmas goings on...and something had to give.

....and so I took a break.

I must say, it was really hard getting there this morning, had to talk myself into it. It's never as bad as you think it is going to be once you get there.  I always seem to forget this.

I workout with some great friends. They hardly ever...if ever "take a break" and if they take a break,
they go mountain bike riding or take a break to go run a marathon, or take a break to go rock climbing...
See where I am headed with this...they NEVER take a break for a month...much less to do NO physical activity or eat their way through Christmas buffets.  They are so nice to let me have joined their workouts.

Here's what I loved about today's workout. We talked about food pretty much the whole time. No kidding. We talked about chocolate chip covered Oreos and yummy coconut cake. We talked about how we should have no sweets  from Sunday - Thursday...or was it Monday thru Thursday...I like the latter so I'm gonna go with that.

They did mention a few "healthy " recipes.  I kind of zoned out on that part, but nodded my head, as if to suggest I might whip that up when I got home.

We have a great trainer...and he knows his stuff. He is a patient man...as he has to listen to all of our fodder.  I know he thinks I talk too much...and somehow I think he did not mind my break.

We talk about Resolutions...(refer New Year's Resolution Post) and how we will all try to do good this year.

Our trainer wants us to keep a journal..a food journal. He has wanted me to do this for a long time.  I always say I will...and I do start to, but then I eat a candy bar or m&ms and do not want to disclose this...so I forget my journal every time.

and of course he says....No Diet Coke.

Our workout was complete...I did feel much better than when I got there, I always do.  We are about to leave....

I was almost out the door before he said...and "You WILL start a food journal today and I want to see it in one week!"

"Yes sir," I said and I think I meant it...It's a New Year of course...


Our workout was over at 9:30 a.m.


Start of Food Journal:

10:00 a.m.  Egg McMuffin and a Large Diet Coke.


Dang it!




No comments:

Post a Comment